The BC Blossom Watch Photo Contest will begin accepting submissions on April 3.
Win fabulous prizes by submitting your photo along our themes during April 3-28, 2014!
Our grand prize is Transportation gift pack from us at TravelSmart, including:
- A $200 gift card to Mountain Equipment Co-op!
- A copy of SkyTrain Explorer, filled with fascinating historical walking tours centered around Expo Line stations, by John Atkin
- A stylish TravelSmart glass bottle
- Everything you need to get your bike in gear, including a bell, front and rear lights, seat cover, pant strap, and a multi-tool.
We’ll also be awarding awesome prizes to people who participate in our theme weeks:
- Transit Blossom Week: 50 one-zone transit tickets to share with your friends
- Walking Blossom Week: $100 gift card to Ingledew’s Shoes where you can pick up a snappy pair of kicks at one of 5 stores across the region
- Bike Blossom Week: $100 gift card to Reckless Bikes where you can buy gear, get a fixup, or rent some bikes to ride around the seawall.
Step 1: Take a photo
It doesn’t need to be on a fancy camera, and it doesn’t need to be delicately photoshopped, but if you think it will help, go nuts!
It does need to be:
- Taken by you,
- this year (2014),
- in Metro Vancouver,
- and have cherry blossoms in it!
Here at TravelSmart, we encourage people to try and take one less car trip per week. That’s why, over the course of the contest, we’ll be offering special prizes to people that depict different ways of getting around during the following theme weeks.
- Blossom Transit Week: Monday, April 7 – Sunday, April 13
Take us a cherry blossom picture that includes any form of transit – from a SeaBus to a Community Shuttle.
- Walking Blossom Walking Week: Monday, April 14 – Sunday, April 20
To qualify for this prize, capture a pedestrian in motion.
- Blossom Biking Week: Monday, April 21 – Sunday, April 27
In this final week, include a bicycle in your photo of the blossoms. Don’t forget that Bike the Blossoms is happening on April 26, and it’s a perfect opportunity to catch bikes and blossoms together!
Step 2: Share it with us
There are three ways to enter:
- Email your photo to BCBlossomWatch@vcbf.ca
- Tweet your photo using the #cherryblossomsyvr hashtag
- Post your photo to our Facebook wall with the #cherryblossomsyvr hashtag
- When you share your photo, please include the nearest intersection so that others can find your blossoms.
Make sure to check out the Terms and Conditions.
Programs subject to change.